Copycat recipe of the fried pickles at the Carnation Cafe, at Disneyland.
- 2 cups Canola oil for frying
- 12 Pickle spears
- 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Dill
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise a HEAPING 1/4 cup
- 1 tbsp. Ketchup
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Hot Sauce
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- Add flour, buttermilk, dill, paprika, pepper, baking powder, and egg into a large mixing bowl, and stir until well combined.
- Add the Breadcrumbs and Parmesan Cheese to a shallow dish, stirring to combine.
- Place pickle spears onto a paper towel and pat dry to remove excess liquid from the pickles.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan, filled 1/4 full, over medium heat, until it reaches 350-375 degrees.
- Take one pickle at a time, and dip into wet batter, then press into bread crumb mixture firmly to coat all sides.
- Carefully place fried pickles into oil, frying until golden brown on all sides.
- Remove and transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain leftover oil.
- Add mayonnaise, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, garlic salt, and pepper to a small bowl and stir well to combine.