Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie
After watching and reading many recipes for ‘crockpot chicken pot pie’, I came up with my own… it’s cooking now. Here’s what I did:
- Slow cooker
- 1 stick Salted Butter
- 1 cup Flour
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- Some salt, pepper, granulated garlic (put whatever spices you like.)
- 2.5 cups Southern Hash Browns (diced potatoes) OR, 2 Large potatoes, cut into ‘small’ spoon-size pieces.
- 3 cups Frozen ‘assorted vegetables’ (the package I bought had green beans, corn, carrots, and peas)
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- I cut up the chicken into spoon-sized pieces (they are a bit bigger than the size of a regular spoon, but once they cook, they’ll be spoon-size), and added to the crock.
- Mostly melt the stick of butter in a non-stick pan, and add the flour and broth. Then add your spices, and stir constantly for 5 minutes to cook the flour and get a good consistency. Poor the into the crock.
- Add the potatoes and frozen veggies to the crock. (I also dumped in the last serving of some broccoli and cauliflower.)
- Stir it up, cover, and cook on high for 3 hours.