Chicken Fried Rice in the Instant Pot
Chicken Fried Rice
- 2 cups White Rice rinsed
- 2 cups Water
- 3 Tbsp. Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 small Onion finely diced
- 10 oz. Frozen Peas and Carrots mixture
- 6-8 oz. Diced, Cooked Chicken
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- Add the rinsed rice and water to the Instant Pot, and set the valve to SEALING.
- Set IP to PRESSURE COOK on HIGH for 4 minutes.
- Do a NATURAL RELEASE for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Fluff the rice, and remove to a separate bowl.
- Set the IP to SAUTE.
- Add the Toasted Sesame Oil to the Instant Pot.
- When oil gets hot, add the Onion and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the Peas and Carrots, the Diced Chicken, and the Butter to the pot, stir for 2 minutes, keeping anything from sticking.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Push the IP ingredients to the side, then add beaten eggs to the empty side.
- Cook the eggs, stirring constantly, until the eggs begins to set, then fold them into the rest of the ingredients until well mixed.
- Turn off the IP and fold in the cooked Rice and Soy Sauce.