Here’s a great way to do omelettes if you are having a party, so that everyone doesn’t have to wait for their custom omelette to cook.
- Buy some 1 quart Ziploc freezer bags – Buy from Amazon.com
- With permanent marker, have each guest write their name on a bag.
- Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into each bag (not more than 2 though) and shake the bag to scramble the eggs.
- Put out a variety of ingredients such as: cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc., and have everyone add their own ingredients to their bag, and shake the bag up.
- Get as much air as possible out of the bag and zip it up.
- Place 6 to 8 bags in a large pot of boiling water for 14 minutes.
- Cut the top off the Ziploc bag and the omelette will roll out easily.