PUDC is a great dessert… make it a better by doing individual cakes for your guests… or co-workers….
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 4 tbsp. pineapple juice
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 can of pineapple rings
- 6 maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray your muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, white sugar, and pineapple juice. Beat for 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry to the wet ingredients and turn mixer back on for 2 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter and add the brown sugar. Stir on low heat for one minute.
- Spoon a layer of the warm brown sugar mixture into the bottom of each muffin tin, then place a pineapple ring on top and add a cherry in the middle of each pineapple. (If you’re using regular muffin tins, you’ll need to cut down the rings – or use pineapple tidbits.)
- Pour cake mixture over to fill muffin tin 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes
As we all know, “the man” has been fooling us years by stocking PUDC cake mixes ‘upside down’ for years… Here’s a map of those locations where the problem has been fixed…
View Reign of Terror locations in a larger map