- 1 pound semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- A pinch kosher salt
- Place the chocolate in a large heatproof bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the cream to a bare simmer.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate, add the salt, and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Whisk until melted and smooth. Let cool, stirring occasionally, until thick and spreadable, 4 to 5 hours.
Note: Do not try to speed up the cooling process by putting it in the fridge – it will be lumpy.
|Makes:||4 1/2 cups|
|Hands-On Time:||5 minutes|
|Total Time:||5hr 10m|