Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting
- 12 ounces Semisweet Chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Unsalted Butter, at room temperature 3 sticks
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- Heat the chocolate in a double boiler, stirring often, until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and let cool, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter on high until light and fluffy, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually add the sugar and beat until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add the chocolate, sour cream, and salt and beat to combine.